Year 7 and 8
Physical education taught in Year 7 and 8 aims to develop our students into confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives.
Within the PE curriculum there are five key processes that are central to our planning.
- Developing skills in physical activity
- Making and applying decisions
- Developing physical and mental capacity
- Evaluating and improving
- Making informed choices about healthy, active lifestyles
There is a broad range of activities taught. The range of activities allows students to:
- Outwit opponents, eg games activities
- Perform accurate replication of actions, phrases and sequences, eg gymnastic activities
- Exploring and communicating ideas, concepts and emotions, eg dance activities
- Perform at maximum levels in relation to speed, height, distance, strength or accuracy, eg athletics activities
- Use problem solving to overcome challenges of an adventurous nature, eg orienteering and other outdoor activities