2020 GCSE results at Easington Academy
The government has suspended the performance tables for the academic year 2019-2020. Our school carefully prepared centre assessed grades for our students in Year 11. This process was rigorous and based on a large body of evidence.
Analysis of these grades showed that our school has much to be proud of. Overall, pupils made strong and significant progress and achieved high standards building on results from 2019.
We celebrate the achievements of all of our pupils and with them every good fortune on their continued journey in education or employment.
2019 GCSE results
59% of students achieved English and maths GCSEs at grades 9-4 (broadly similar to the old A*- C passes)
· 32% of students achieved English and maths GCSEs at grades 9-5 (broadly similar to the old A*- B passes)
· 72% of students achieved English language/literature GCSE at grades 9-4
· 51% of students achieved English language/literature GCSE at grades 9-5
· 68% of students achieved maths GCSE at grades 9-4
· 40% of students achieved maths GCSE at grades 9-5
· 72% of students achieved a standard pass in science
· 46% of students achieved a strong pass in science
· 9% of students were entered for the EBACC qualification
· 7% of students achieved the EBACC qualification
· Our Attainment 8 score is currently = 47.5.
· Our Progress 8 score is -0.17
· Our overall Ebacc APS for the full cohort is 3.87. 8.82 were entered with 7.35 achieving a standard pass and 5.88 achieving a strong pass.
· 99% of students stayed in education or employment after KS4
GCSE qualifications in England were revised by the government in 2017 to make them more demanding.
Find out more about the changes here.