2018 GCSE results at Easington Academy
- Attainment 8 score = 47.31
- Progress 8 score = +0.09 (this is provisional and based on the data currently available through only systems, SISRA and 4-Matrix, and will be replaced with national data as soon as this is made available)
- Percentage of students achieving a strong pass (Grades 9-5) in English and mathematics is 44%
- Percentage of pupils entered for the English baccalaureate = 5.15%. To be entered for the EBACC a pupil must have entered 8 GCSEs or equivalents across 5 subject ‘pillars’; English Language and English literature, maths, sciences, a language and then history or geography.
- The EBACC attainment measure is the average point score achieved in the EBacc across the 5 pillars. This is 3.81 for those who entered the EBACC and 4.73 for all students.
- In 2017, 98% of students went on to full-time education, employment or training (data not available for 2018).
In addition, parents may find the following data useful:
- The percentage of students achieving a pass (Grades 9-4) in both English and mathematics is 65.44%.
- In maths, the percentage of students achieving grade 9-7 is 6.62, 9-5 is 50.74 and 9-4 is 69.85.
- In English (language or literature) the percentage of students achieving grade 9-7 is 21.32. Grades 9-5 is 64.71 and grades 9-4 is 80.88.
- In science, 77.94% of students achieved grades 9-4 in 2 science subjects. 52.94% achieved grades 9-5 in 2 science subjects.
GCSE qualifications in England were revised by the government in 2017 to make them more demanding. This was to ensure that students leave school with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in 21st century Britain, and to match those of their peers in high-performing education systems elsewhere in the world.
Find out more about the changes here.