Why have a uniform?
We believe that proper school uniform is important because it:
- instils pride in the students and the wider community
- encourages identity with, and support for, our school ethos
- protects children from social pressures to dress in a particular way
- nurtures cohesion and promotes good relations between different groups of students
- supports effective teaching and learning.
We hope you will support us in embracing this positive change for Easington Academy.
The Academy uniform
To support the changeover to the new school uniform the Academy will purchase a school tie for all students, in the introductory year.
|Ties, shirts and jumpers
- Plain white school shirt buttoned to the neck
- School tie (free for the introduction of the new school uniform and then replacement ties can be purchased through the school)
- Black v-neck jumper with the school badge (optional item and available from Emblematic).
- Black cardigan with the school badge (optional item and available from Emblematic)
|Trousers and skirts
While we are more than happy for parents and students to purchase school uniform from a wide variety of sources, we have worked closely with Emblematic to create trousers and skirts with the Academy logo, which meet our uniform rules. Should parents choose to purchase items from other suppliers then the style and cut of the trousers/skirt should be the same as those provided by Emblematic.
- Plain black formal straight cut trousers - not jeans, leggings or stretchy style.
- (Must be at least 7.5inches/18cm wide at the bottom).
- A-line or straight skirt - not tight fitting or stretch material and must be no more than one inch above the knee.
||Plain black, formal, leather or leather style shoes which can be polished. No trainers, plimsolls, pumps or boots. Socks must be black, grey or white.
- Outside coats must be removed on entering classrooms.
- Caps are not to be worn on the school premises. Woollen hats may be worn between the autumn and spring half terms.
- PE polo shirt – compulsory item
- Black shorts/tracksuit bottoms/leggings – compulsory available from Emblematic but can be purchased elsewhere
- Mid layer top – optional item available from Emblematic
- Hoodie – optional item
- Rain Jacket – optional item available from Emblematic
- Skort – optional item available from Emblematic
- Sports sock – optional item available from Emblematic
Trainers must be worn in PE lessons. Plimsolls, Converse, or canvas type shoes are not suitable. Students are advised to wear football boots for football and rugby.
A black base layer may be worn underneath the PE t-shirt during the colder months also.
- The Academy reserves the right to decide that the cut and colour of a student’s hairstyle is inappropriate e.g. tramlines, Mohicans, extreme short sides with longer on top.
- Hair should be a natural colour (one colour only).
- Students may wear one single metal stud in each earlobe – no other visible piercings.
- Visible body piercings are not allowed e.g. nose, top of the ear. Students will not be allowed to cover piercings with a plaster. Parents are advised that if a child is to have a piercing it must take place at the start of the six weeks holiday and it must be removed on the first day of term.
- No necklaces, bracelets or rings.
- No false, gel or acrylic nails and no garishly coloured varnish.
- For health and safety reasons, nails need to be of a sensible length.
- Large fashion belts are not acceptable or part of the school uniform.
- No false eyelashes.
- No make-up except in Years 10 and 11 where discreet, natural make-up can be worn.
- Hair bands should be thin and not overly decorative e.g. no large owers.
- No tattoos.
How to order...
There will be a 'measuring day' held at school in the summer term every year to measure for new uniform. Alternatively, you can purchase uniform online at: www.emblematic.co.uk/schools/eaca/